Welcome to SASC
Behavioral Health Is Essential to Health. Prevention Works. People Recover. Treatment is Effective.
- Live United. Donating to United Way is the easiest and most powerful way to improve your community.
- Walk-in substance abuse assessments are available in the Dubuque office every Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Alcohol Diversion Program (ages 18-20) - Held quarterly as need dictates in Dubuque. For information, call 563-582-3784.
SASC is located in the beautiful Mississippi River valley in Dubuque, Iowa. Since 1975, SASC has been providing services for individuals and families in the tri-state area. Additional offices are located in Manchester, Iowa and Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
SASC is a not-for-profit agency governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of citizens of the Iowa counties it serves.
SASC is licensed by the Iowa Department of Public Health as a Substance Abuse and Problem Gambling Treatment Program.
Our Mission - Our Ultimate Purpose
To provide quality counseling, education, and support services to address alcohol, drug, and gambling concerns while promoting physical and mental wellness.
Our Vision - What We Aspire To Do
We will work together everyday with integrity and compassion to provide a comprehensive recovery-oriented system of care and to be recognized as a provider of choice.
Our Core Values - What We Believe In
- Clients first - the client is the center around which the entire organization revolves.
- Integrity - steadfastly adhering to high professional standards.
- Compassion - a willingness to help those struggling with addictions.
- Teamwork - "we" before "me". No one stands alone. We are committed to teamwork as teams of people outperform individuals.
- Respect - we value all people and treat all with dignity, courtesy and attentiveness. We listen.
- Ethics - do the best possible good for all we serve because it's the right thing to do.