Welcome to SASC
Behavioral Health Is Essential to Health. Prevention Works. People Recover. Treatment is Effective.
•Walk-in substance abuse evaluations available in the Dubuque office every Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
•Substance abuse evaluations available in the Manchester office by appointment only - call 563-927-5112.
August 3rd - 7th is Responsible Gaming Education Week
Responsible Gaming Education Week (RGEW) was created by the American Gaming Association (AGA) in 1998 to increase awareness of problem gambling among gaming industry employees and customers and to promote responsible gaming nationwide. The AGA and the entire gaming industry realize that education is essential to promoting responsible play and inceasing awareness of gambling disorders. RGEW provides gaming companies with an opportunity to expand on work they do every day educatiing employees and patrons about the issue.
Get to Know Responsible Gaming: Play Responsibly
- During the past 12 months, have you become restless, irritable, or anxious when trying to stop/cut down on gambling?
- During the past 12 months, have you tried to keep your family or friends from knowing how much you gambled?
- During the past 12 months, did you have such financial trouble as a result of your gambling that you had to get help with living expenses from family or driends?
- Responsible gamblers understand that the house holds greater odds of winning than the player.
- Responsible gaming is conducted in a social setting, with family, friends or colleagues.
- Responsible gaming is done for limited amounts of time, both in frequency and duration.
- Responsible gaming has both predetermined and acceptable limits for losses.
Information provided by American Gaming Association (AGA)
Gambling Crisis toll-free help line: 1-888-771-6771
Back to Top